I’ve been battling with the blank page for quite some time now. Maybe this is a period in life where I should be doing more listening. If I want to be a writer, I have to write. I started to think about what I could write about; what I DO know and what I DON’T know about life. There’s a lot more in the ladder category. 😉
Here are some things I believe to be true in life, from experience.
1. The truth will set you free. The truth is better than a lie in every scenario, always. Honesty is the best policy. 🙂
2. The way that people look on the outside is NOT who they are on the inside. This can be a hard one to grasp especially with the culture we live in but I like to think I have a pretty good understanding.
3. People are not always going to respect you, that’s why it’s important to respect and care for yourself.
4. There is a big difference in intentions and acting. “Actions speak louder than words.” (Still in process of learning).
5. Hurt people, hurt people. (sometimes)
6. It’s okay to be wrong. It’s an illusion to think you have to be right about anything.
7. Being truly open with others allows others to be truly open to you.
Here are some things that I once thought I knew to be true, but my mindset is evident that I may not have a true understanding of these ideas yet.
1. Your thoughts directly predict your reality.
2. Everyone is equal.
3. Happiness is a choice.
It’s crazy that the things we think we know are sometimes the things we really know nothing about. It’s tricky to REALLY be sure of something. This is all that came to me now, I’ll update if anything else comes to mind that I have learned, or not quite learned.